We the Middkids

Enter your petition below! After writing the title, you will be prompted to enter a more detailed description. The title will appear on the We the Middkids homepage and the description will appear once it is clicked on. Petitions that include profane or offensive content will be removed and the user will be blocked from creating new petitions.

What do you want to change about Middlebury?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Scholarships should not Reduce Financial Aid

At the moment, if a student is awarded an outside scholarship for tuition, that same amount is subtracted from the student's financial aid. This is not right. A student's effort to obtain a scholarship should not be negated by the college with a reduction in financial aid. We should be allowed to keep our scholarships.

Respectfully submitted,

Senator Karina Toy

Campus Article: http://middleburycampus.com/article/give-me-my-scholarship/

326 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Dear We the MiddKids supporters,

After meeting with the Student Financial Services Office multiple times, I have decided this is not something that I can pursue any further. I have learned that as a need-blind and need-based institution that does not award merit scholarships, Middlebury cannot “over award” students under federal law. This is why outside scholarships first reduce the Federal Work Study or College Job portion of a financial aid package, then the College or Perkins Loan, and then finally, the Middlebury grant. If this is still an issue that concerns you, I encourage you to set up a meeting with Jacqueline Davies in the Student Financial Services Office!

Thank you so much for all your support and please feel free to let me know if there are any other issues that concern you related to financial aid at Middlebury.

Karina Toy
      Sophomore Senator

• Don't see your idea?

We the Middkids

Feedback and Knowledge Base