What do you want to change about Middlebury?

Better Student ID

Our college ID card looks like it was made by a 6-year old with a potato stamp. There were several instances when people refused to believe it was a student ID - museums, cinemas, transport, etc... And you cannot use it to buy alcohol in town (unlike Yale ID in New Haven for example). It just says STUDENT. I am sure there are enough talented students who could design a legit looking ID card that could be used internationally.

477 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Petr Knor shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminMiddlebury SGA (Admin, Middlebury SGA) responded  · 

Dear We the MiddKids supporters,

New ID designs are done and will be printed for the incoming Feb class! Working with Bill Burger in the Communications Office, a few students and I gave input into the new designs, which now includes an expiration date. There has also been significant effort to prevent fading and improve the general quality of the cards. We’re not yet sure if new cards will be printed for all current students, but it is something that Mr. Burger is trying to make happen!

Thanks so much for your suggestions, votes, and support.

Karina Toy
    Sophomore Senator

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kjh commented  · 

Also it doesn't have an expiration date, which makes it look all the more iffy.

• Kit Tse commented  · 

I just got refused for student discount at a public swimming pool because this does not look like a legit ID. Also I think we should get a new one every year. There are people who look at the issued date, and the period of time the ID is valid for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base